Pages

Friday, March 25, 2016

Random Facts About Yours Truly, Part 2

This week's batch of random facts cover one of my greatest (if not irrational) fears, a few of my greatest likes, and some of my weirdest ticks and talents.  ENJOY!  :)

~~~~~~~~~~

Random Fact #6: When I was a small child, I was traumatized by the film Return to Oz. The one character, Mombi the Witch, could remove her head and replace it with heads stolen from young girls. At one point in the movie, Dorothy had to sneak the "Elixir of Life," which was hidden in the cupboard where Mombi kept her real head. To get there, Dorothy had to walk slowly up a hallway lined with the heads of young girls stored in cupboards. As if that was not freaky enough, when she opened Mombi's main cupboard, she knocked something over and woke up Mombi's real head. As she awoke to see Dorothy standing before her, she uttered a guttural and terrifying, "Dorothy Gail!" This woke up all of the other heads, who, in turn, started wailing. This caused her beheaded body to wake up in the room down the hall. Her headless body proceeded to shake itself out of bed, walk up the hall, arms outstretched, gurgling from its open throat hole, towards Dorothy. This was a kids' movie (just thought I'd remind you of that). After this, I had recurring nightmares for about five years... no lie. The other year, I "YouTubed" the scene to see if it was as scary as I remembered... yep, it was! To this day, I have a phobia of headless mannequins/statues/etc. (Posted 04/13/2010)


Here is that scene.  Decide for yourself.  You've been warned...


I seriously had a mini anxiety attack when I was looking for this scene to post.
Even the thumbnail freaked me out.
Why am I putting this on my blog where I have to see it ALL THE TIME?!

Random Fact #7: I like to eat my fruit snacks in the order of the rainbow (ROY.G.BIV) with the exception of the special opaque fruit snacks, which I like to save for last. I have done this for as long as I can remember. On rare occasions, though, I just eat them in whatever order I feel like, or I start with the yucky tasting ones first and end with the yummiest. I am not neurotic! (Posted 04/14/2010)


Taste the OCD rainbow...

Source  via Kate on Pinterest

Random Fact #8: I have desperately wanted to get a pet hedgehog and name him Sonic for a few years now, but they are illegal in the state I live in! :( (Posted 04/15/2010)


I actually signed a petition for my state to re-legalize hedgehog ownership.
Not. even. kidding.
Look at that face! Wouldn't you?
Source  via Kate on Pinterest

Random Fact #9: My favorite actor of all-time is Jimmy Stewart, and my favorite movie ever is It's a Wonderful Life. This man and this movie have forever changed my life. I am also a huge fan of the movies Mr. Smith Goes to Washington and Harvey (both of which also star the amazing Jimmy). (Posted 04/16/2010)


A regular dreamboat...
Source via Kate on Pinterest

Random Fact #10: I have the genetic capability to loop my tongue into both a single loop, as well as a triple loop that resembles a shamrock. I can also tie a cherry stem with my tongue, and even unwrapped a Starburst once. If you know me well enough to know how much I never stop talking, you're probably not surprised by these feats of strength. In fact, you might actually be surprised that I cannot break stones with my jaw muscles... I'm still working on that. (Posted 04/17/2010)


That's probably about how it looks when I do it, too...
Source via Kate on Pinterest
~~~~~~~~~~

For the story behind these random facts, check out the original blog post here.

What are some random facts about yourself that others may or may not know?  Feel free to share some in the comments below!  :)  C'mon!  Don't let me feel like the only weirdo in the room...

But, seriously... that headless woman, though... *shudders*

No comments: